[Prism54-users] bridging problem with a prism card

Pradeep Victor pradeep.victor@smartbridges.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:58:20 +0800

Hi,

I wanted to make my PC1 as an access point. So I created a bridge
between the radio card and the Ethernet card. I connected the PC1 to the
LAN. Using a client I was able to reach the LAN.

There were the commands I used

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth1 (this is my Ethernet card)
brctl addif br0 eth0 (this is my radio card)
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0
iwconfig eth0 mode Master
ifconfig br0 10.0.3.254 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 10.0.3.1

Now I wanted to set up a client PC2, with the prism radio card on this
acting as a client to the first PC1. I did the same thing as above, but
didn't set the mode to master as by default it is Managed. I see the
association, I can get to the network from PC2. BUT the pc's connected
to the Ethernet interface of PC2 don't seem to get to the LAN thru
wireless. Lets say theres a PC3 behind PC2. PC3 can ping PC2 but not
PC1.=20

Is there some thing wrong with the bridge I am setting up for the client
side (i.e. PC2 side)?

Thanks
Pradeep