[Prism54-users] prism54 patch for uCLinux 2.4.22

Rodel Miguel rodel.miguel at eazix.com
Fri Jul 30 11:54:26 UTC 2004

Hi!

Has anyone successfully ported the prism54 driver to an arm7-based
platform using uCLinux-2.4.22?  Actually, the prism54 driver I'm using
was ported to this platform but has some major performance issues.  The
version I'm using is the stable version (March 18, 2004) of the driver
with modifications on firmware loading.  I think there are interrupt
processing issues with the prism54 driver and the uCLinux kernel.  I
don't know where to start debugging.

I tried to benchmark the performance of the WiFi driver with some
Ethernet drivers.  The Ethernet driver for 3com card works exactly the
same way as the prism54 driver on the uCLinux kernel.  My application
hangs at some point using this Ethernet driver.  The Ethernet interface
works perfectly when I use the RTL8139 cards and the 8139too driver.  So
I checked the uCLinux patch on the core kernel from kernel.org and found
out that the 8139 driver have lots of changes for the uClinux kernel.  I
am currently reviewing how these driver handle interrupts.

Could somebody help me on this driver problem for uClinux kernels?

Thank you very much.

Rodel