[Prism54-users] WG511 loses connection to AP and dies

Max spamhole at gmx.at
Mon Jul 12 20:17:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 08:29:43AM +0200, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> I have a similar setup but cannot reproduce problem.

A friend yesterday told me that his wlan connection (also with a WG511)
is very unstable and that he has to turn off WEP to keep it working. I
tried that and it worked! If I turn off WEP I can transfer GBs of data
again without having to restart the card. The transfer speed sometimes
drops to 0 for a second, but it doesn't lose it's connection to the AP
like it does when WEP is enabled.

Have you tested with or without WEP?

I still have no idea where this problem is coming from...

Max