[Prism54-users] Device soft reset timed out on 3com 54G72

Marc Smeets m.smeets@nedlinux.nl
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:33:16 +0100

I have tested it again with latest cvs patch because I saw someone
(Luis?) had done some work on the reset function. It still doesn't work.
The only thing I can add at this moment is that the card just is
initialized proper because ifconfig can't tell me a Mac address.
Before that I spend some time last night in checking the whole hotplug
thing. That seems to opperate just perfect, so the bug is in the prism54
code. Perhaps you knew that already I just wanted to make sure for
myself.
My knowledge of C is too limited to look through the prism code and
understand what happens. So, I depend on you guys.

Is there anything I can do, is there any more info I can give you?
Perhaps it's the cardbus controller that is causing theproblem. Luis,
you also have a Texas Instruments PCI1410 PC card Cardbus Controller?
Which version does your pccard have (it's on the label of it)?

What info do you need more?

Marc