[Prism54-users] Device soft reset timed out on 3com 54G72

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:45:59 -0500

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:33:27PM -0500, Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
> I have no problem with this card. Did you try "ifconfig eth1 <ip> up".
> This should turn on your card. Then,you can use iwconfig commands.

He did. You know since you see an islpci_open().

Marc,

I have the same card. I have the same problem. At first I thought that
it was just my card since my card just stopped working even for older
code. Mind you, I still think this is a possibility. Perhaps I have just
tweaked too much with it ;)

Anyway, regardless, the crashes after the soft timeout *is* a bug and
should not occur. I am currently looking into this. I'm revisting the
way we handle the whole islpci_open and am even going over the probe,
just in case.

I still cannot explain though, why it just won't work even for older
trees which I had it working perfectly for. Perhaps you too have fucked
up your card. 8D

	Luis