[Prism54-users] Netgear WG311 Installation

m0bius mobius@hack.gr
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:57:51 +0200

Well, I did try them out and they worked, by I was prompted to try the
prism54 drivers cause "some cards are supported by both drivers" and taking
into consideration the support cards list.

Actually I found out what happened with the oops, it called the BUG() at
islpci_hotplug.c cause the id passed was 0x0013 instead of 0x168c that was
passed through the switch(). Results: the interface came up but I can do an
ifconfig on it to assign an ip address nor pass iwconfig arguments...

Perhaps it's an atheros chipset and supported only by those...Unless someone
over here has made the exact card work with the prism54 drivers...It's a
shame though, I really wanted those drivers to work with my card...

Thanks everyone,
Paris