[Prism54-users] Netgear WG311 Installation

Max spamhole@gmx.at
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:23:08 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 11:49:05PM +0200, m0bius wrote:

> I am using Slackware 9.1 with kernel 2.6.1.

me too.

> I've looked into /sys/class/firmware/ but
> there is no entry like the register_firmware() has not been called at all.

I had the same problem here. No matter what I did, I didn't get any
subdirectories in /sys/class/firmware/* (which prevents firmware.agent
from providing the firmware for the device when you type ifconfig
ethX up).

I ended up patching the prism54 source code in such a way that it loads
the firmware directly and without hotplug. Since I did that all of my
prism cards work fine!

Let me know if you want to try the patch and I'll mail it to you.

Max