[Prism54-users] still stuck

S. A. sasoft@gmx.de
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:04:14 +0100

Hello again!

After no success with the kernel-patches for 2.6, 2.4,
module-compilation etc. under the SuSE Linux Distro, i install fedora
core 1 and compiled the module for my WG511 (netgear) under this distro.
everything went well (firmware / hotplug stuff, too) according to the
Fedora Core postings in the prism54-forums, but now i have a different
problem.

fedora core can't find my pcmcia-device!

dmesg says, that there is an "unknown IRQ for pin A, try pci=biosirq"
(not exactly quoted).

After some google-searches (and trying the pci-biosirq kernel parameter
and every other parameter which made sense) i found out, that i had to
disable "plug and play bios" in the bios-menu of my notebook. sadly,
there isn't such an option available.
( the "solution" (for everyone but me and my freakin bios):
http://moose.qx.net/logs/00000012.html )

now the question:

WHY are SuSE 9.0 and Knoppix 3.3 (the two distros i tested where pcmcia
worked) SEE my pcmcia-device and fedora doesn't? How can i teach the
fedora-kernel how to manage IRQ's like the both mentioned distro's are
able to do it? Is it a kernel-thing (ergo: do i have to download and
compile a different 2.4 series kernel?) or is there a userspace-tool
like "/sbin/solvemyproblem" or what should i do next?

It would be great if anybody has an answer, in case i don't get this
thing to work - i could do things to my notebook, people normally
wouldn't even do to a punching bag ...

So, any ideas?

--
Thx in advance,