[Prism54-users] tx power

kaleda gadeanta@soften.ktu.lt
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:38:36 +0200

> Maybe it's better to have three settings:
> - Low		(0-6 dBm)
> - Medium	(7-14 dBm)
> - High		(15-30 dBm)
That wouldn't work:
wireless tools asks for actual popwer in dBms.
the driver does return it and wireless tools displays.
If you wanna display string value - you'll have to modify wireless
tools, or write your own wireless tools or a wrapper to current wireless
tools.

> I personally think it's misleading to give the actual
> value of the OID if the firmware restricts the output
> level anyway. Unfortunately I can't think of an OID
> which gives the actual TX signal strength. Anyone else
> find something like this anywhere in the header
> files/sources?
The only thing I can suggest (make patch): if the firware returns 127
(max possible valu it accepts, and the value is by default), so the
driver can return value "auto", instead of fixed 31dBm value.

And I don't know any other oid, that that holds actual output power
version.
The only suggestion is exteng get_txpower function to return auto, if
value is max (127, or 32dBm).

Kaleda