[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511, Kernel 2.4.23 TRAP

Rene van Bevern rvb@rvb.dyndns.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:34:23 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:55:09PM +0100, Karl-Heinz Herrmann wrote:
> So as you get rejected all the time something is fishy between the two.
> Either SSID is messed up somehow or  the card insists on "g" while the
> AP can only do "b" as you said. From the early drivers there was a
> setoid command for "g only" -- but it should not be the default.

I now tried to force the card to 11MBit/s just for a test. I noticed
the following:

root@schrebbel:~ # iwconfig rate 11M
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
	SET failed on device eth0 ; Operation not supported.

Well. As one might expect, this confuses me a bit, since the card is a
"b" as well as "g". This could also mean the card tries to communicate
over "g" with the AP all the time ... Horm. :/

	Rene