[Prism54-users] Can't make a SMC2802W work. Maybe it's my hardware setup? Doing something wrong?

bapm bapm@netcabo.pt
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:40:26 -0000

I tested this after and before your patch.
=20
I was really happy to see new code in CVS hopping it would solve my =
problem but no it didn't solve and I think ifup yields a new error =
message with the current CVS version:
=20
  [root@galaxy etc]# ifup eth3
  SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
  Failed to bring up eth3.

and dmesg outputs the following:
=20
Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.0.2.2
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth3
eth3: islpci_open()
eth3: resetting device...
eth3: uploading firmware...
eth3: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
eth3: device soft reset timed out
eth3: islpci_open()
eth3: resetting device...
eth3: uploading firmware...
remove_proc_entry: 00:09.0/loading busy, count=3D1
remove_proc_entry: firmware/00:09.0 busy, count=3D1
eth3: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
de_put: deferred delete of loading
de_put: deferred delete of 00:09.0
eth3: device soft reset timed out

Before the patch ifup worked with no MAC address.
I already tried to increase the wait time but only 2* HZ.
And the output of /proc/interrupts with no interrupt count? That is =
wierd isn't it? How do I know the firmware really got uploaded?
=20
Thanks,
=20
Bruno