[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511 on SuSE Linux Kernel 2.4.21 (Distro-Kernel)

S. A. sasoft@gmx.de
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:18:43 +0100

I want to use my new WG511 PCMCIA Card on my Notebook with the
configuration mentioned above (in the subject).

I don't want to compile a new kernel since i am very satisfied with
SuSE's default Kernel (i tried it anyways, but problems occur which are
off-topic and fixing them would be very time-consuming from my point of
view).

I also tried to compile the driver as a module for the SuSE-Kernel like
it is described in the README. Everything went fine (everything compiled
clean and without any problems).

When i want to load the module, i get:

/lib/modules/2.4.21-166-athlon/.../prism54/prism54.o: unresolved symbol
free_netdev

(kernel-doc says: http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/~dsw/public-files/ \
kernel-docs/kernel-api/r9358.html - just4info)

and

/lib/modules/2.4.21-166-athlon/.../prism54/prism54.o: unresolved symbol
pci_name

(no kernel doc found, but i just did a short google-search)

How can i fix this problem without starting to configure and install a
whole new kernel? Any ideas?

I had a look at the archives and a google-search, but i found nothing
helpful. Allen Winter's nice "Prism54 for Fedora Core 1" sadly didn't
help me, too.

But i got no clue about kernel-compilation and stuff, perhaps i've
overseen something important.

That's why i finally wrote an email to this group :)

--
Many Thx in advance,
Stefan