[Prism54-users] Newes Kernelpackages and ppc

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie@lxtec.de
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:57:29 +0100

--LKTjZJSUETSlgu2t

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 the mental interface of=20
Jens Maurer told:

>=20
> Aurelien wrote:
> >On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:42:56 +0100
> >Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Potentially, we're missing an endianness conversion or somesuch.
> >>

> >As you know  I'm rewriting  some part of isl_ioctl.c and I've found some
> > bugs so far. One might be related to your problem : the cache is buggy =
for
> > u32 ; they can be swapped twice...
>=20
> First, it would be interesting to see the debugging output anyway, to
> be sure of this.
>=20
> Second, it appears that that there is some confusion as to whether
> the mib cache stores information in CPU or device byte order.
> prism54_mib_init() seems to assume that we store in CPU byte order,
> but _mgt_set_request() uses "memcpy" of the raw data (which is in
> device byte order).
>=20
> Looking forward to your cleanup.

Is on the way.

Ciao

Elimar

--=20
  Experience is something you don't get until=20
  just after you need it!

--LKTjZJSUETSlgu2t

--LKTjZJSUETSlgu2t--