[Prism54-users] Output power regulation - SMC2802W

Jens Maurer Jens.Maurer@gmx.net
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:17:54 +0100

Aurelien wrote:
> a patch was submited some time ago for this. I took a look at it but did not merge it because there were some unresolved issues.

My patch is broken, for these reasons:
  - It extends "iwpriv", but should use "iwconfig txpower" instead.
  - When setting the output power in client mode and then switching to
managed, some OIDs are no longer accepted by the card.  This needs
more investigation.
  - The OIDs that look like they do what we want:
         DOT11_OID_OUTPUTPOWERTABLE      = 0x1700000e,
         DOT11_OID_OUTPUTPOWER           = 0x1700000f,
Appear to give -EINVAL, for no apparent reason.  This needs more
investigation.

Jens Maurer