[Prism54-users] Re: Kismet error: FATAL: Failed to set SSID 22:Invalid argument

André Ventura Lemos tux@tuxslare.org
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:58:32 +0000

--=-HSk1VpNlSsXVApJAo9iR

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 13:56, Benjamin Henne wrote:
> HI,
> I'm having same problem. Did you solve it? I cannot get kismet to work=20
> with my Netgear WG511.
>=20
> error:
>=20
> mobile:/# kismet
> Server options:  none
> Client options:  none
> Starting server...
> Will drop privs to bla (1000)
> No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
> Disabling channel hopping.
> Source 0 (prism54): Enabling monitor mode for prism54g source interface=20
> eth2 channel 6...
> Waiting for server to start before startuing UI...
> FATAL: Failed to set SSID 22:Invalid argument

Sure! Kismet only gives me that error, if it's already in Monitor mode.
If you don't want to go through the trouble, just eject the card and put
it back in.

Kismet is working fine.

--=20
I/O, I/O,