[Prism54-users] eth1 won't com up during boot only with DEBIAN hotplug

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie@lxtec.de
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:47:37 +0100

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 the mental interface of=20
Elimar Riesebieter told:

> Hi list,
>=20
> 1st I want to tell that a SMC2835W is running on my ppc-albook with
> kernel 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 ;-)
>=20
> 2nd is, that the bounded eth1 doesn't com up during boot. I have to
> start the interface by hand.

The Debian initsript delays hotplug actions while running rcS.d
scripts. The firmware was loaded while stting  up runlevel 2, but
this was to late 'caus networking started in rcS already. I filed a
bug against the init-script. Using the initscript out oforiginal
sources solved the problem for me. For that I removed all runlevel
hotplug links for the levels 2to5.

Ciao

Elimar

--=20
  Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
         Friedrich Nietzsche

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--