[Prism54-users] SMC2835 stopped working, how to troubleshoot?

Dr. Tobias Damm tobias@dr-t-damm.de
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:23:45 +0100

Am Freitag, 27. Februar 2004 14:41 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Tobias. I didn't have much time lately so I haven't tried the bing
> utility yet. I'll try to test it in the next few days because otherwise it
> will take a few weeks or more.
>
> I am gonna move and will lose my internet connection in the process. I
> don't know how long it will take before everything works fine again.
>
> This address will not work anymore as of next week but I hope to get it
> back as soon as I have moved.
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

something, what we had both in oure traces was:

You wrote:
Feb  3 19:01:13 CB1 kernel: Assuming someone else called the IRQ

I saw in the Forum that this can happen, if the card use a shared interrupt
and there is an error.

This is managed by ACPI. You can see the correct start in
/var/log/boot.msg in the first part.

And I had there errors during start up! Now I updated my Bios and the errors
there (with ACPI during start up) are solved.

But, I brought my SMC2835 back to the store to get an new one. The temperature
was very high and under windows I saw "hang ups", too. I think ?
Bing didn't run any more.

Now, I am not shure, what the problem is or was. I have to wait 6-8 week for
the new card 8-(.

I will report, if I have a new one.

best regards

Tobias