[Prism54-users] Re: Prism54-users digest, Vol 1 #174 - 11 msgs

Marc Smeets m.smeets@nedlinux.nl
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:34:31 +0100

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 21:04, prism54-users-request@prism54.org wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> you also got problems with your 3com officeconnect? Ik keep getting
> "soft reset timed out" errors just after loading the firmware. I
> addressed the list before, and there were some other people having the
> same problem. But unfortunatly the error is not fixed (yet).

Try disabling acpi at boot time, acpi=3Doff in your kernel boot
parameters. Let us know how it goes.

        Luis

Disabling has no effect. It just will not work. I can't stand it because
it should be working. Here is my dmesg after inserting the pccard.
Kernel has been confgured using cvs of a couple of days ago and about 15
others between the end of december and now.
laptop cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0x10b7, device 0x6001
laptop PCI: Enabling device 02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
laptop eth1: prism54 driver detected card model: 3COM 3CRWE154G72
laptop eth1: islpci_open()
laptop eth1: resetting device...
laptop eth1: uploading firmware...
laptop eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
laptop eth1: device soft reset timed out
laptop eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 100, trigging device
laptop eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
--- repeated 3 times ---
laptop eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
--- repeated 15 times ---
laptop eth1: mgt_commit has failed. Restart the device
laptop eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
laptop dhcpcd[2333]: dhcpStart: retrying MAC address request (returned
00:00:00:00:00:00)
laptop dhcpcd[2333]: dhcpStart: retrying MAC address request (returned
00:00:00:00:00:00)

laptop Assuming someone else called the IRQ
laptop Assuming someone else called the IRQ
laptop Assuming someone else called the IRQ
laptop eth1: hot unplug detected
laptop eth1: removing device
laptop eth1: islpci_close ()
laptop dhcpcd[2333]: recvfrom: Network is down
laptop dhcpcd[2333]: sendto: No such device
laptop modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth1
laptop dhcpcd[2333]: dhcpStop: ioctl SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
laptop modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth1
laptop dhcpcd[2333]: dhcpStop: ioctl SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
laptop rc-scripts: Failed to bring eth1 up
laptop cs: cb_free(bus 2)

Although the irq should indicate that something is wrong (eth0=lan nic
wants the same irq) I still get the same errors without the module
loaded for my lan nic.

It tryes to reset the device, but it can't. I don't get it.

Thanks in advance,

Marc