[Prism54-users] iwspy functionality w/ prism54

Bob Farmer brf@bfarmer.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:42:50 -0600

Since there is currently no iwspy functionality in the Prism driver, we
(myself and/or colleagues) are considering implementing it ourselves.
We require the ability to collect link quality stats on the individual
nodes in an ad hoc network.

However, there does not seem to be any clue in the driver as to how one
would obtain the link quality data.  It appears that the driver is
obtaining link quality stats in AP mode by querying it via the BSSID,
but I'm guessing that wouldn't help for ad hoc mode.  Does anyone know
how one would go about obtaining the data?  Is there a programming
manual for this chip that is publicly available?

Thanks,
Bob Farmer