[Prism54-users] [NEWS] Prism54 firmware going down

Rutger Nijlunsing (thuis) prism54-users@tux.tmfweb.nl
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:26:58 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:26:36AM -0800, Eddie Atherton wrote:

> > Netgear (finally) has a new driver for the WG511 as of 23-Jan-04, at
>
> >      http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=606
>
> > I've extracted all of the files, unpacked using InstallShield, etc.,
> > but I don't find a .arm file in the mix.  Perhaps it is embedded in the
> > .SYS or some other file?
>
> Yes, you're correct.  The .arm, it's version 2.4.3.5, built Dec 15th 2003,
> *is* embedded in the wg511icb.sys file.  I guess it 'could' be extracted,
> but looking at the 'other' arm files, this one has a different prologue,
> before the eyecatcher, so I'm not sure it's possible to know 'exactly'
> where the arm file starts.  Also, there doesn't appear to be a length field
> in the arm, to know how much to extract.
>
> This is going to make it 'tough' to keep up to date.

Not that this information is useful to you (since V2 is not yet
supported), but the answers are for wg511icb.sys: start=0x9b8,
length=0x6e78.

--
Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------- rutger ed tux tmfweb nl
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence