[Prism54-users] [NEWS] Prism54 firmware going down

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:14:39 -0500

--cDtQGJ/EJIRf/Cpq

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:26:36AM -0800, Eddie Atherton wrote:
>=20
> > Netgear (finally) has a new driver for the WG511 as of 23-Jan-04, at
>=20
> >      http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=3D606
>=20
> > I've extracted all of the files, unpacked using InstallShield, etc.,
> > but I don't find a .arm file in the mix.  Perhaps it is embedded in the
> > .SYS or some other file?
>=20
> Yes, you're correct.  The .arm, it's version 2.4.3.5, built Dec 15th 2003,
> *is* embedded in the wg511icb.sys file.  I guess it 'could' be extracted,
> but looking at the 'other' arm files, this one has a different prologue,
> before the eyecatcher, so I'm not sure it's possible to know 'exactly'
> where the arm file starts.  Also, there doesn't appear to be a length fie=
ld
> in the arm, to know how much to extract.
>=20
> This is going to make it 'tough' to keep up to date.

This firmware is a new generation of firmware for the prism chipsets. It
in no way is a complete firmware just as the old .arm files. That said,
it *cannot* be used with our current driver successfully. Support for
this new type of firmware may come if we get proper documenation from
Globespan.

	Luis

--=20
Key fingerprint =3D 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E

--cDtQGJ/EJIRf/Cpq

--cDtQGJ/EJIRf/Cpq--