[Prism54-users] Re: do you have a copy of firmware: isl3890 for the prism chipset?

Allen Winter winterz@verizon.net
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:00:11 -0500

On Monday 16 February 2004 11:43 pm, you wrote:
> Hey! thanks for the awesome article:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/winterz/doc/prism54.txt
> I'm not sure if you meant for it to be found thru
> google, but I did, or maybe I found it thru a
> newgsroup archive (via google). But anyways, I'm
> trying to get my linksys wpc54g wireless g card
> working on fedora, and I'm having terrible troubles. I
> think it may have something to do with the copy of
> firmware that I have; maybe it's botched. So, I was
> wondering if you knew of a place I could "find" a
> fresh version of the firmware, since it's no longer
> available on prism54.org
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Josha Richards

Josha,
Thanks for the kind words.
Sorry, I can't send you the firmware due to current questions
about the legitimacy of doing so. However, I'm sure there are
folks on the prism54-users list who can tell you how to extract
the firmware from the Windows side (assuming you still have
your Windows driver around some place).

Good Luck,
Allen