[Prism54-users] Old 2Mbit/s card and prism54 AP

Nicolas Michaux nicolas-prism54@michaux.homelinux.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:32:05 +0100

Hello prism54-users,

I own two SMC cards, one pci in master mode, and one pcmcia in managed mode
and everything is working fine between them, thanks :-)

But when I try to connect an old Elsa Airlancer MC-2 (IEEE 802.11, 2Mbit/s), I
always receive an association deny due to limited datarates.

When I sniff the air, I can see this :
- Scanning successful
- Authentication successful
- Association : my card sends an association request with these supported
rates : 1 Mbit/s 2 Mbit/s and receives an answer like that :

"Association denied due to requesting station not supporting all of the
datarates in the BSSBasicServiceSet (0x0012)"

Is it possible to connect this kind of card? Where is the problem, in the
driver of my old card or in the firmware of the SMC card?

If somebody has an answer or an idea ...

Best regards,
Nicolas.