[Prism54-users] [NEWS] Globespan Virata reacts - Prism54 firmware license

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:22:32 -0500

--d9ADC0YsG2v16Js0

Dear Prism users/developers/contributors,

A few good news.=20

---
1. Firmware license:

Globespan Virata has contacted me informing me that they=20
are looking into providing us a license which will allow free
redistribution of the firmware. We hope to have more news by the end
of the week.

2. Firmware bug reports:

Globespan will be establishing a more closer relationship with Prism54
Development team in order to keep track and fix possible new firmware
bugs.

3. Firmware specifications for Developers:

Globespan *may* provide Developer Specifications to the Prism54
Developement team. Globespan will be considering whether to provide the
Prism54 Developers the specifications to interact with the firmware
in order to advance/debug the driver. We hope with this we will also be
able to provide support for the new firmware architecture based
chipsets.
---

We'll keep you posted.

	Luis

--=20
Key fingerprint =3D 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E

--d9ADC0YsG2v16Js0

--d9ADC0YsG2v16Js0--