[Prism54-users] Firmware

Dougga dougga@speakeasy.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:55:42 -0800

The Prism54.org site is full of inspiring work, but there seems to be a rather
fatal issue for the non-programmers.

The readme suggests that one needs the firmware to work with the chipset
(see line 2 under "requirements" in the README)

A link is given for the firmware but at this link a short interpretation of
international copywrite law is given stating that no firmware is available
with a cryptic message about a Windows driver:

"If you want firmware, please download the corresponding Windows driver and
use the *arm file in it."

I know what to do with an arm, but have no idea what to do with an .arm file.

Might someone consider rewriting the "Firmware" page on the site with a bit
more information for the non-.ARM-aware?

Much thanks,

~Doug

PS: I imagine I could deconstruct the windows file and fiddle with this .ARM
file, but I imagine the above comment makes sense to those immersed in the
intricacies of hardware drivers.  I'm hoping one of these people might
enlighten us mortal users.