[Prism54-users] [NEWS] Prism54 firmware going down

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:15:12 -0500

Quoting from:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html

"Note that under international copyright law (this applies in the United
States, too), no distribution or modification of a work is allowed
without an explicit notice saying so. Therefore a program without a
copyright notice is copyrighted and you may not do anything to it
without risking being sued! Likewise if a program has a copyright notice
but no statement saying what is permitted then nothing is permitted. "

Because of this we will have to remove the firwmare files from our
server unless we are given explicit permission to redistribute
these files by Globespan Virata.

If you need firmware for now, pelase DL a windows driver and extract it
yourself since you're entitled to use at least that firmware with the
windows driver provided/put on the card's manufacturer's website.

	Luis