[Prism54-users] Master mode with USB Devices (AP)

Marcus Mikolaiczyk m.mikolaiczyk at rac.de
Tue Dec 7 07:37:40 UTC 2004

>> Hi,
>>

>> I've looked in the archive for information if I can use an usb wlan
device
>> (prism GT chipset) and the prism54 driver to set up an accesspoint with a

> It doesn't work yet, but if you are interested in the development see
> http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/

Probably yes. I've got an embedded system where in need to develop an usb
Driver for the Philips ISP1760 hostcontroller. The setup should then use an
usb wlan device to work in 'Normal' mode and can aditionally act as an
accesspoint. I didn't find any project using an usb device as an accespoint
- does somebody know about one and the chipset they support? If not I'm
probably forced to develop such a driver.

Best Marcus