[Prism54-users] Re: terminal prism54 performance problems

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Fri Aug 20 17:43:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Margit Schubert-While wrote:

> The one without ACPI -
>> irq 9: nobody cared! (screaming interrupt?)
>> irq 9: Please try booting with acpi=off and report a bug
>> Stack pointer is garbage, not printing trace handlers:
>> [<c0279510>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x4b)
>> Disabling IRQ #9
>
> Woops, something going screwy there.
> You got anything on USB ?

Nope. USB is just one of the devices on IRQ 9.

> The other with ACPI looks much better.
> However with both:
>> Socket status: 30000a20
>
> This is not right.
> The normal status should be 30000020. (I think)

Hmm..

> This is similar to the problem that Andy is having.
> Part of the meaning of the "a" in there is :
> "Invalid Vcc request by host software"
> Hmm.

Odd. the cardctl info you asked for is:

ident:
Socket 0:
   product info: "Intersil", "ISL3890", "-", "-"
   manfid: 0x000b, 0x3890
   function: 254 ((null))

info:
PRODID_1="Intersil"
PRODID_2="ISL3890"
PRODID_3="-"
PRODID_4="-"
MANFID=000b,3890
FUNCID=254

config:
Socket 0:
   Vcc 3.3V  Vpp1 3.3V  Vpp2 3.3V
   interface type is "cardbus"
   irq 9 [exclusive] [level]
   function 0:

> Let's see if those proposed acpi boot params help or not.
> (Probably not)

They didnt. See:

http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/prism54-cvs-errs-nowep-pirq-acpibalance.dmesg
http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/prism54-cvs-errs-wep-acpibalance.dmesg
http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/prism54-cvs-errs-wep-biosirq.dmesg
http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/prism54-cvs-errs-wep-pirq-acpibalance.dmesg

The biosirq case didnt work at all iirc. In all other cases, it dies
pretty quickly on tcp traffic, eg ttcp, however as before it will
happily pass ping floods of 1500+ byte ICMP packets, with 0 packet
loss (which is strange).

Why does ICMP traffic not lock it up, but tcp does? (havnt tried ttcp
in UDP mode yet..)

> Any chance (like Andy) that you can get a 2.4 going ?

Hmm, possibly.

> The kernel has detected that you have a "quirky" board :
>> Limiting direct PCI/PCI transfers.
>
> Margit

regards,
Fortune:
guru, n:
 	A computer owner who can read the manual.