[Prism54-users] terminal prism54 performance problems

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Thu Aug 19 16:04:45 UTC 2004

Paul scribeth:
 > I have put up the dmesg's of with and without WEP. Lots of mgt_* and
mgmt timeout errors in both.
 > They're from bootup, just in case there's anything else of interest.

Looks like one is without and one with ACPI.

The one without ACPI -
 > irq 9: nobody cared! (screaming interrupt?)
 > irq 9: Please try booting with acpi=off and report a bug
 > Stack pointer is garbage, not printing trace handlers:
 > [<c0279510>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x4b)
 > Disabling IRQ #9

Woops, something going screwy there.
You got anything on USB ?

The other with ACPI looks much better.
However with both:
 > Socket status: 30000a20

This is not right.
The normal status should be 30000020. (I think)
This is similar to the problem that Andy is having.
Part of the meaning of the "a" in there is :
"Invalid Vcc request by host software"
Hmm.

Let's see if those proposed acpi boot params help or not.
(Probably not)

Any chance (like Andy) that you can get a 2.4 going ?

The kernel has detected that you have a "quirky" board :
 > Limiting direct PCI/PCI transfers.

Margit