[Prism54-users] terminal prism54 performance problems

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Thu Aug 19 14:33:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Paul Jakma wrote:

>> dmesg -c > output.txt # after you eject the card so you gain keyboard
>> access
>>
>> send us output.txt
>
> Ok. I think though dmesg will be empty, iirc.
>
> I'll try without WEP and let you know.

Ok, this evenings CVS is much better. No panics!

Dies very quickly still with WEP, but without WEP it does better. I
can actually get some traffic to pass, it survives a 1500 byte ping
flood. However, it does almost immediately if i try to run ttcp,
within about 300kB (a second or so hence, or quicker), according to
the number of bytes the remote ttcp received.

Ejecting the card works reliably too to get my PC back, at least
without WEP.

I have put up the dmesg's of with and without WEP. Lots of mgt_* and
mgmt timeout errors in both. They're from bootup, just in case
there's anything else of interest.

With WEP:

 	http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/prism54-cvs-errs.dmesg

Without WEP:

 	http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/prism54-cvs-errs-nowep.dmesg

Note in later case "uploading firmware..." indicates I manually
ejected the card and reinserted.

> regards,

regards,
Fortune:
You know, Callahan's is a peaceable bar, but if you ask that dog what his
favorite formatter is, and he says "roff! roff!", well, I'll just have to...