[Prism54-users] Re: terminal prism54 performance problems

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Thu Aug 19 14:09:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Margit Schubert-While wrote:

> Ah, a borked BIOS. Have you checked if there is a BIOS update ?

Yes, and I did. no difference. ;(

> Have you tried pci=biosirq ?

Might give that a go.

> You could try (ACPI enabled) :
> acpi_irq_balance acpi_irq_pci=3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12
>
> Check the boot log to see if it has any effect.
> (and /proc/interrupts)

Ok.

> Also got the WG511 and the 602V2 with 3.2rc6. 602 config - g-only,
> short preamble, best rate, channel 11. With and without WEP.

I've tried both mixed and long preamble and with and without WEP
(i'll post results of that now shortly). Otherwise stock settings on
everything.

> In this one setup, the card is sharing the interrupt with
> the bridge, usb and vga.

On mine, just about everything bar legacy interrupts are on 9,
cardbus, usb, all PCI ints bar legacy (ie the WG511 too). With my
802.11b card, a PCMCIA DWL-650 prism2, it ends up on irq 3.

> IIRC, somebody else had a problem with the Ricoh bridge.

Could be the laptop, yes.

> Will have to check old mails.
>
> Margit

regards,
Fortune:
Death before dishonor.  But neither before breakfast.