[Prism54-users] using Hotplug to set Params for Prism54?

Peter Johanson latexer@gentoo.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:12:56 -0400

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 06:06:48PM +0200, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 14:42, mobil@hegner-online.de wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >=20
> > I'm just trying to pass on Network-Params to my Prism54-card using
> > Hotplug. I found this hint on a Gentoo-Forum (I'm using Gentoo on this
> > machine) ... but I can't get this to work. What I want: Use Hotplug to
> > set ESSID and WEP-Key.
>=20
peter@gonzo peter $ ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=3D'~x86' emerge waproamd -pv

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] net-wireless/waproamd-0.6   0 kB=20

Total size of downloads: 0 kB

I added waproamd to portage a while ago, but i've not yet marked it
stable on x86 til i find time to fix small annoyance with the default
script (it looks for ifup/ifdown which gentoo does not have). Should be wor=
king fine though.

-pete