[Prism54-users] Qn. on Ad-Hoc's again

Tom Hanks tomhanks@mail.com
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:36:43 -0500

i have a doubt (and i cant clear it up myself right now, as i only have 1 card on me, and there is no Ad-Hoc n/w around me at the moment to test).

its how ad-hoc connections work. when a cell is formed by one machine, and another one joins that particular cell, does it get the ip addr thro dhcp, or is it assigned one by the machine which first formed the cell?

so, if i want to connnect to an ad-hoc n/w, after specifying the cell's essid, would i have to get an ip addr for my machine via dhcp, or will i have gotten one when i give the cell essid thro iwconfig?

thanks.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/