[Prism54-users] getoid bsslist

Tom Hanks tomhanks@mail.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:16:52 -0500

hey. i was using my prismGT (netgear wg511) and used to do the "getoid <if> 1c000043 bsslist" to get a list of APs around me.

i wanted to know if the list returned is a list of APs found in Infrastructure mode, or if it also includes ones which are transmitting in Ad-Hoc mode. i ask cos i dont have that card with me anymore, and i cant check to verify.

i now use an orinoco card. and i dont see a similar functionality in it. i simply cant get 'iwspy' working on this (and from what i see of it, it isnt as useful). kismet and other tools put the card in 'monitor' mode and this isnt good, as it pulls down the connection, just to sniff around. so, i want {to write} something similar to what i saw on the GT.

any replies/thoughts/solutions/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/