[Prism54-users] Timeouts with SMC EZconnect

Stephan Krings stephan@xmn-berlin.de
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:16:35 +0100

Hello,

> OK this is really strange. Are you guys using the latest cvs
> snapshots?

Yes, tested the tar-ball prism54-cvs20031109.tar.bz2.

> If that doesn't work.. I can recommend you download the rest of the
> firmware files from http://prism54.org/firmware/ and try each one.

Didn't change anything from me. But while doing so, I recognized that
ifconfig would report 00:00:00:00:00:00 as the card's MAC
address. Does that mean that the firmware upload failed? Or could it
be a hardware problem?

> What firmware should definitely work for your card? Well download
> the windows driver and use the .arm file from there. You can check
> the version by reading the head of the file (some will be junk, but
> you'll see it).

I don't have access to a windows system right now. So I can't check
whether the card will actually work with the driver provided by
SMC. But just copying the firmware file (smc2835w.arm) to
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/isl3890 and loading that firmware did not
change anything.

> Also do you have /sbin/hotplug?

Definitly yes :-).

If you don't have any further hints, I'll try to get access to a
windows system and check the card there. Maybe it's really broken.

Many thanks for your fast feedback and all the work on the driver.

Regards,

Stephan