[Prism54-users] linux wireless pci card help

david david@hulk.gulmu.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:40:08 +0100

I have that card working, and it's easy to get to work with linux!

You only need to compile a kernel, patch it and reboot!

I'm using 2.4.23-pre9 kernel

Get kernel source linux-2.4.22.tar.bz
Get pre9 patch
Get prism54 patch
Get firmware and firmware.agent

Untar kernel source, patch with pre9, patch with prism54, make menuconfig d=
ep=20
clean bzImage modules clean modules_install install, copy firmware.agent to=
=20
/etc/hotplug and chmod +x it, copy isl3890 firmware to=20
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware, and, if all works well, after a reboot you can=20
modprobe prism54 and see with iwconfig your wlan card running. Iwconfig is =
a=20
part of wireless tools

El Lunes, 10 de Noviembre de 2003 16:31, Baime, Stephen escribi=F3: