[Prism54-users] Minor annoyances

matt.carnegie matt.carnegie@btopenworld.com
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:24:16 +0000

Hi - I have now got all working thanks to a friendly chap on IRC.

However, there are a few things I'd like to iron out to get it perfect:

1. Has anyone got this thing to work from boot? Mine will not because:

I seem to have to close down eth0 (my LAN card), and add the interface
eth1 with ifconfig each time. I also have to add a new 	default gw

Also, I seem to have to insert/reject once to get it going.(This was
not a problem with the old driver)

2.
I use SuSE, and the firmware.agent does not seem to start
automatically. I tried to create a firmware.rc, but hotplugging failed
with this error:

/etc/hotplug/firmware.rc[6079]: Firmware '' event not supported

So I gave up that idea...

3. Have to run iwconfig twice to see the SSID.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. M