[Prism54-users] Status of Managment Functions ?

Jeff Bobzin jeff@boccorp.com
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:52:32 -0500

Would the developers be able to comment on the operational state of the =
management commands?

I do not see any effective external response to the common IWCONFIG =
commands - i.e. "iwconfig eth1 channel 1". Sometimes the card hangs, =
sometimes nothing happens as viewed by the site survey in the SMC =
windows utility .

The code is present in isl_ioctl_setfreq(), and a reasonable mgmt frame =
is formed, but the firmware does not respond.

Examining isl_pci_mgmt_initialize() (which does work), gives a hint that =
the card needs to be in 'manual' mode to recognize the commands. Without =
the chipset documentation I do not know if this is true.

The old setoid utility no longer connects. I never saw it change =
anything in earlier versions.

My application requires the ability to scan (iwlist eth1 scan) and =
change frequency and essid.

Is this being worked on?  Any ETA? Any helpful suggestions? Anything we =
can do?

Thanks,

---Jeff Bobzin

My test environment: