[Prism54-users] No rule to make drivers/net/wireless/prism54/prism54.c

Chris de Vries cjmdevries@zonnet.nl
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:48:47 +0100

My attempts to install the driver for Linux 2.4.23-pre9 were
unsuccessful; I kept getting error messages like:
islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffies left = 80)
and ERROR: prism54 could not upload firmware while loading the module.

So now I'm trying to install the drivers using linux.2.6.0-test9. This
wouldn't even compile. I'm getting an error: "No rule to make
drivers/net/wireless/prism54/prism54.c" while making the kernel.

Anyone can guess knows what I'm doing wrong?

Another question: Is the SMC2835W known to work with this driver? It has
an Prism Nitro chip set.

Chris