[Prism54-users] Practical experience managing multiple "profiles" with Prism54 driver

S. Anderson sa@xmission.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 06:36:41 -0700

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 05:58:56PM +0100, Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil) wrote:
> Hi Nicolai,
>
> Am Mon, den 22.12.2003 schrieb Nicolai Langfeldt um 15:36:
> > Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil) wrote:
> > > I'm getting pretty confused again.
> > It may turn out that I'm the most confused ;-)
>
> Please not! - I'm really in need of sound guidance!
>
> > > I learned some 3 weeks ago, that the Prism54 has nothing to do with
> > > pcmcia cardservices, since it rather is a pci hotplug device ... That's
> > > why the config has nothing to do with the cardservices wires.opts etc.
> >
> > Prism54 can sit on both PCI, mini PCI and PC-cards.  PC-cards, at least
> > in the laptops I have, are still in part served by pcmcia-utils and
> > cardctl.  PCI and mini PCI on the other hand us not handled by that at all.
>
> But what does PC-cards are in part served by pcmcia-utils mean
> practically for a Prims54 PC-card?

just to clear things up, the prism54 cardbus cards has nothing to do
with pcmcia-cs. to linux these cards look just like a pci card.

my suggestion for creating schemes, you could just make a shell script
that runs the iwconfig/ifconfig stuff for your new location... there may
be a better way that is more intregated tho...

hth,
sa