[Prism54-users] Debian install

James Hosken james@jamesho.co.uk
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:20:03 +0000

I've never done any thing with the kernel before, it's scary.
I don't mind how I do it, but it would be cool it I can make it so that
I can keep upgrading when new stuff comes out.

dpkg -L hotplug | grep firmware
returns
/etc/hotplug/firmware.agent
so I guess that's OK.

When Iapt-get install libncurses-dev I get this

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libncurses-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  libncurses5	5.3.20030719-4
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libncurses-dev has no installation candidate

What that mean?

Where is the best place to get the kernel-source from?
What drivers do I need to download?
What do I do with the prism54 drivers, the debian comands that you gave
didn't say any thing about the prism54 drivers when compiling.

I have done wget http://prism54.org/firmware/isl3890-dev

Thanks for the help
James