[Prism54-users] FYI: Master Mode / Ad-hoc mode broken

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:52:06 -0500 (EST)

Some of  you are reporting success / failure with Ad-hoc and/or Master.
Please provide the kernel you are using. I failed to report that I'm using
2.4. It seems that Master/Ad-Hoc works on 2.6.

1. Is there anyone using 2.6 which doesn not have Master/Ad-Hoc working?
2. Is there anyone using 2.4 with 2.4 with Master/Ad-Hoc working?

By working I mean you just:

modprobe prism54
ifconfig eth1 up
iwconfig eth1 mode Master
	or
iwconfig eth1 mode Ad-Hoc

hvr had suggested we use prism54_mib_init() in the change mode ioctl, and
we stopped since it breaks master mode. We can just make prism54_mib_init
smarter to not set certain parameters if mode is Monitor.

	Luis