[Prism54-devel] Prism54 development update

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 15 16:01:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I've got working cross-build toolchain now.

Great ! did you manage to use the flags that Sebastien wanted in newlib
in order to compile freemac ? If so, could explain it on the wiki ?

> IIRC virtera is commercial, no go.

Driver's still a mess, but i ran virtera for you.

> Ultimately I want to have fullmac fw in the form of .s file
> which I can compile, load into my card and have card working.
> I need help in getting uncompressed binary image, rest
> I will do myself (as I said above I already have objdump & as).

You'll find the (final) output of the chain (ie, the disassembled file),
done as said in the wiki, for all firmwares that I have ending in .arm,
at :

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/data/firmwares/

(they are the .asm.bz2 files)

If you want any intermediary files, such as the raw memory dumps, let me
know and i'll add them.

This includes the firmware you have,

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/data/firmwares/p54pcifm_1.0.4.3.asm.bz2

If I were you, i'd start with a softmac firmware. Why ? See size... =]
softmac firmwares can be used on fullmac cards (i'm doing this, i don't
own a softmac PCI card) with my driver -- barely usable, but i sometimes
have reports of happy users.

JB