[Prism54-devel] Prism54 development update

Denis Vlasenko vda at ilport.com.ua
Thu Sep 15 08:03:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've got working cross-build toolchain now.

On Sunday 11 September 2005 17:24, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:
> > I plan to modify it and NOT redistribute, but run modified fw
> > to better understand what it does.
>
> Understood !
>
> > And btw, maybe I'm stupid, but where is that dump of unpacked fw?
> > Don't see it at http://jbnote.free.fr/islsm/doku.php.
> > (PCI fullmac and/or softmac would be useful to me)
>
> The 2.4.3.4 softmac USB firmware with my comments is on
>
> http://jbnote.free.fr/islsm/doku.php?id=re:disassembly_2_4_3_4

> As soon as i'm through with tidying up the linux driver i'll
> script decompression and disassembly. In the meantime, feel free
> to follow the steps on
>
> http://jbnote.free.fr/islsm/doku.php?id=re:firmware_reverse-engeneering_methodology#execute_the_code_in_a_virtual_machine
>
> If you don't want to download virtera, I can set you up an account on my
> machine.

IIRC virtera is commercial, no go.

Well, speed of my Internet connection can make ssh connection slow,
but if you have no time to do decompression of PCI fullmac or
softmac firmware (I'm most interested in those), let's do it.

Fullmac which is working for me is:
http://prism54.org/~mcgrof/firmware/1.0.4.3.arm

If you can't decompress fullmac, softmac version is your
pick, but it won't be as useful to me (I won't be able
to verify correctness of reassembly by running it).

Ultimately I want to have fullmac fw in the form of .s file
which I can compile, load into my card and have card working.
I need help in getting uncompressed binary image, rest
I will do myself (as I said above I already have objdump & as).

--
vda