[Prism54-devel] [patch 0/6] [prism54 svn trunk] various fixes for prism54 svn

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 17 22:15:40 UTC 2005

Hello,

> Any way, the end result is: on an embedded platform similar to PCengines
>  WRAP 1C (geode SC1100 266MHz, 64M SDRAM with miniPCI XG-601)
>  I now can go ~ 30 minutes before it the entire system locks.  Is there
>  some other data I can collect?  I'm going to also try again the XG-601
>  in the PCI adapter with a BOSOR SBC HS-5230 and passive PISA backplane.

This is bad. Well, time in increased, but the problem is worse...

1/ There's a fixme : you should check and BUG_ON() the mgmt rx frame not
being 32-bits aligned. I know this will cause problem, only hoping it
won't happen. But it may. patch is to add

skb_reserve(newskb, (4 - (long) newskb->data) & 0x03);
at line 133 in islpci_mgt.c, and do the above alloc with MGMT_SIZE + 3
instead of + 2.

2/ apply patch sent on list about DMA

3/ No logs, no error messages ?  How are you collecting the log data ?
-- you won't get them on disk in case of a hard lockup, you should at
least use serial / netconsole to gather the data. If that's not
sufficient, please try to increase the verbosity of the driver to see
about where it locks up.

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note