[Prism54-devel] [patch 0/6] [prism54 svn trunk] various fixes for prism54 svn

Bob Beers bob.beers at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:18:02 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Bob Beers <bob.beers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/17/05, Jean-Baptiste Note <jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Bob, dear list,
> >
> > Thanks for taking the time to test thos things out !
> >
> > > I'm usually pretty good with
> > >  kernel/driver patches and compiling, so I'm really baffled
> > >  why I'm having these troubles.
> >
> > Well, this is easily explanable, as the third patch you're showing is
> > the fourth. They came out-of-order on my hard disk too, please refer to
> > the subject line to get them into proper order.

It turns out that that is not the whole story.  Also, somehow during cut and
 paste from gmail to text file, the blank space at the beginning of any
 context line with a character at the left is lost and patch thinks it is a
 malformed patch.  I went through patches 3,4,5,6 and re-inserted a
 blank space on any of those lines which I found, and I can now apply
 all the patches.

I also was able to compile Maxi's already patched tarball, but I wanted to
 get to the point where *I* could apply the patches.

Any way, the end result is: on an embedded platform similar to PCengines
 WRAP 1C (geode SC1100 266MHz, 64M SDRAM with miniPCI XG-601)
 I now can go ~ 30 minutes before it the entire system locks.  Is there
 some other data I can collect?  I'm going to also try again the XG-601
 in the PCI adapter with a BOSOR SBC HS-5230 and passive PISA backplane.