[Prism54-devel] XG-901 troubles after 15 minutes

Bob Beers bob.beers at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:26:12 UTC 2005

> I do also have the XG-901, and will be testing it soon to see if it
> gives the same troubles.

It does not seem to have the same troubles, but I had it in a different
 platform.  So I got a PCI card with miniPCI slot and tried the XG-601
 in that.  The result was that when inserted into PCI slot 1 it works, but
 when inserted into slot 3 I get the "card is faulty or IRQ too busy"
 complaint, and I can't actually bring the card up.  Logical explanations?

I'm having the BIOS's PCI settings rearranged on my other platform (where
 the XG-601 comes up ok, but dies after 15 minutes) to see if that
 helps.

Are these data interesting to the code developers at all?  I also have
 one of the SMC2802W cards, but it doesn't want to come up in any
 slot, and gives similar IRQ too busy complaint.

I may be able to devote some time here and there to testing new code
 and collecting debug info, but I'm not really up on the PCI internals.

--
Bob