[Prism54-devel] [USB] missing include / ad-hoc effects / tla update

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 21:23:25 UTC 2005

Hi Jan, Sebastien, dear list,

Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka at web.de> said :
> Hi,
>
> I started to play a bit with JB's prism54u driver. My target scenario is
> ad-hoc (actually, master mode one day), but this doesn't work yet. But
> one after the other.

> Then I tried to run latest version (patch-87). A mode switch with
> iwconfig always gave me
>
> Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
>      SET failed on device eth2 ; Network dropped connection on reset.

This is solved now, and generally the driver's interface with madwifi
should be clearer (no more madwifi functions in usb_init, for instance).

Monitor mode works from madwifi, with correct frequency change. This
should allows kismet & al to work properly in madwifi mode. This is not
something new, as the driver had the ability to do this before, but now
it's nicely integrated.

I still get one problem : when switching to monitor mode, and still
being in SCAN mode, well, the SCAN goes on... Is this expected ? -- SCAN
and MONITOR seen unrelated, but i would have thought that switching to
MONITOR would stop the scan. Am i wrong ?

> And after some seconds in ad-hoc mode, I got a crash in wlan.ko: eip is
> at ieee80211_node_leave+0x22, back trace is ieee80211_watchdog ->
> ieee80211_timeout_nodes -> ..._node_leave. I could try grabbing the full
> info via serial console, let me know.

Still not tested, sorry :(

JB

--