[Prism54-devel] SoftMAC news

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 27 21:59:18 UTC 2005

Alexandre Strube <surak at surak.eti.br> said :
> Hello list,
> this made me a little confused.
>
> lspci says my card is a
> 00:08.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation ISL3886 [Prism
> Javelin/Prism Xbow] (rev 01)

> Someone said, by the begginning of the year, that this card is entirely
> unsupported. It is, altough, a 3886. Does it mean that it is supported
> now?

It seems PCI protocol and USB protocol are very close, so you card should
be usefull at some point in time in a not-so-distant future. But we have
no datasheet, the reverse engeneering is done entirely by hand... This
means the driver will progress, but slowly...

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38