[Prism54-devel] SoftMAC news

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sun Mar 27 21:19:47 UTC 2005

Em Dom, 2005-03-27 às 20:31 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Note escreveu:

> I've managed to get USB devices version2 to work. Well, the one I have
> (thanks to Nicolas Lhommet. This device was more cumbersome
> mgmt-frame-wise than the ones i got logs of, but helped me to understand
> some more fields in the frequency change packets).
> The driver now supports three generations of devices,
> - net2280 + 3880
> - net2280 + 3886
> - 3887

Hello list,
this made me a little confused.

lspci says my card is a
00:08.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation ISL3886 [Prism
Javelin/Prism Xbow] (rev 01)

Someone said, by the begginning of the year, that this card is entirely
unsupported. It is, altough, a 3886. Does it mean that it is supported
now?

(Sorry if the question looks dumb - I just don't know).

Thanks for the info.

-- Alexandre